Men’s tennis upended 9-0 by Landmark rival Drew
HUNTINGDON, Pa. – The Juniata College men's tennis team was unable to get back into the win column during Saturday's match against Drew University, dropping a 9-0 decision to the Landmark-rival Rangers on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Juniata's (6-10, 1-2 Landmark) best chance to steal a point came at no. 3 doubles, where the duo of Andrew Hoffman (Blain, Pa./Susquehanna Township) and Matt Butler (Quakertown, Pa./Salisbury School) took the Drew pairing of Djedjy Hill and Ryan Johnson into extra points before falling 9-7.
Butler gave the toughest battle in singles play as well, battling Drew's Matt Imbo to set scores of 6-2, 6-3 in a loss at no. 5 singles.
Juniata returns to the courts on Monday, April 9, when the Eagles host Moravian College in a make-up date of their match postponed earlier this season.
Drew University 9, Juniata College 0
1. Raul Smego (DREW) def. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) 6-0, 6-1
2. Matt Brisotti (DREW) def. Elliott Perow (JUN) 6-2, 6-1
3. Elliott Smego (DREW) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 6-2, 6-1
4. Djedjy Hill (DREW) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-0, 6-4
5. Matt Imbo (DREW) def. Matthew Butler (JUN) 6-2, 6-3
6. Ryan Johnson (DREW) def. Andrew Hoffman (JUN) 6-0, 6-1
1. Raul Smego/Elliott Smego (DREW) def. Elliott Perow/Tucker Good (JUN) 8-4
2. Matt Imbo/Matt Brisotti (DREW) def. Justin Wisniewski/Brice Morey (JUN) 8-4
3. Djedjy Hill/Ryan Johnson (DREW) def. Andrew Hoffman/Matthew Butler (JUN) 9-7