Men’s tennis closes out 2012 with 8-1 loss at Catholic
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Juniata College men's tennis team wrapped up its 2011-12 season on Friday with an 8-1 loss to Catholic University of America, in a Landmark Conference match at the CUA Tennis Courts.
Juniata (8-12, 3-4 Landmark) picked up its only point in doubles play, when the Eagles' Justin Wisniewski (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) and Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) posted notched an 8-5 win over Catholic's Brian Bradley and Jason Quisberth at no. 2 doubles.
The Eagles dropped the remaining doubles matches by 8-2 scores.
Catholic swept all six singles matches in straight sets to complete the win. Juniata's best opportunity in singles play came at no. 4 singles, where Tucker Good (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg Area) played a pair of tough sets against Catholic's Joe Peters, eventually falling 6-4, 7-5.
Catholic University 8, Juniata 1
1. Cassian Utrie/Jean Paul Roman (CUA) def. Elliott Perow/Tucker Good (JUN) 8-2
2. Justin Wisniewski/Brice Morey (JUN) def. Brian Bradley/Jason Quisberth (CUA) 8-5
3. Joe Peters/Kyle Kramer (CUA) def. Matthew Butler/Andrew Hoffman (JUN) 8-2
1. Cassian Utrie (CUA) def. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) 6-4, 6-0
2. Jean Paul Roman (CUA) def. Elliott Perow (JUN) 6-4, 6-1
3. Brian Bradley (CUA) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 6-1, 6-1
4. Joe Peters (CUA) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-4, 7-5
5. Kyle Kramer (CUA) def. Matthew Butler (JUN) 6-4, 6-1
6. Jason Quisberth (CUA) def. Andrew Hoffman (JUN) 6-0, 6-0